A podiatrist, DPM, doctor of podiatric medicine, is the only health care professional whose total training focuses on the foot, ankle and related body systems.
As a specialist in foot care, the podiatrist receives extensive training in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of foot and ankle disorders by medical and surgical means. After obtaining an undergraduate degree, the podiatric doctor spends four years in a college of podiatric medicine to obtain a doctorate degree.
The podiatric physician cares for people of all ages, treating any foot problem. The common disorders include bunions, heel pain/spurs,hammertoes, neuromas, ingrown toenails, warts, corns and calluses. The podiatric physician also renders care of sprains, fractures, infections, and injuries of the foot, ankle and heel.
Step 1. Do you need a Visiting Podiatrist to see the senior at home (that takes Medicare)? If so, we recommend the following 2 (they come to your home and charge Medicare)
(1) Alan Teitelbaum: 315 E 86th St # 1GE New York, NY 10028-4721 P: (212) 369-9494 F: 212-369-9488
(2) Jordan Ciner 1-888-942-3338 212-289-8969F: 212-289-6003 201 East 87th St. #28AB New York, NY 10128
Step 2. Do you want a good directory with a decent rating system? Click here for ZocDoc
Step 3. Ask the right questions
- Were they courteous over the telephone? Did they respond back promptly? Were they patient over the telephone?
- How many years experience in geriatric podiatry do they have?
- Do they have a website (review it and see if it is informative)?
- What are the fees associated with an initial consultation? do they take Medicare entirely? if not, what is the policy with secondary supplemental insurance?
- What are the fees associated with the work you need?
- Do they have any references you can call on? (it could be a client, their family member or even another professional that works with them (like a homecare
agency, like ours))
Step 4. After collecting all this information, try and make the best decision based on all these elements. Go with your gut instinct!!!
We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or if you know of a Manhattan, NYC senior that could benefit from our vast array of home care services, please call us at 212-614-8057 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a full service licensed home care services agency (with the NYS Department of Health), we accept all long term care insurance as payment and have a full time staff of over 250 trained and certified home care personnel covering Manhattan.
Christian and Claudia
Home Instead Senior Care
400 East 56th Street
Professional Wing, Suite #2
New York, NY 10022